One of the most important elements of any nursing role is that of keeping skills updated and learning new ones. Ongoing training furthers our continual professional development (CPD), counts towards revalidation and, of course, benefits patients!
Following our first Nurse Ambassadors’ meeting in May and feedback from Annual Appraisals, we know that in addition to the essential mandatory courses we source and run, access to further non-mandatory courses is a priority to our agency nurses and HCAs. In response, we’ve added to our training offer and have finalised our Richmond training programme for the next eight months, with courses taking place over a morning or afternoon session. Courses include:
- IV Cannulation, Llanelli October 15th 2018
- Catheterisation, Llanelli October 15th 2018
- Tracheostomy Care, Llanelli October 19th 2018
- Enteral Feeding (PEG), Llanelli October 19th 2018
- BLS & Manual Handling, Swansea October 22nd 2018
- BLS & Manual Handling, Swansea November 14th 2018
- Immediate Life Support, Llanelli January 4th 2019
- BLS & Manual Handling, Swansea January 11th 2019
- BLS & Manual Handling, Swansea February 11th 2019
- Epilepsy Emergency Intervention, Llanelli March 12th 2019
- Basic Observations (HCAs), Llanelli March 12th 2019
- BLS & Manual Handling, Swansea March 26th 2019
- IV Cannulation, Llanelli April 10th 2019
- Catheterisation, Llanelli April 10th 2019
- BLS & Manual Handling, Swansea April 15th 2019
- Tracheostomy Care, Llanelli May 14th 2019
- Enteral Feeding (PEG), Llanelli May 14th 2019
- BLS & Manual Handling, Swansea May 24th 2019
Although many of our nursing staff have access to CPD programmes and revalidation resources within their substantive nursing posts, we recognise that our ‘full-time’ nursing/HCA agency staff might not have the same opportunities. As a result, we run an ongoing programme of the mandatory courses that all nurses must complete each year. These courses are CPD-accredited and so count towards revalidation, which was introduced in 2016 and allows you to maintain your registration with the NMC.
The programme offers a mix of ‘classroom’ courses, which must be attended in person, and online training. The mandatory online courses include topics such as fire safety, lone working, handling of violence and aggression and dementia care, and are run in partnership with Interactive Healthcare Training. These can be completed in your own time.
For more details about any of these courses, ongoing CPD, or revalidation, please contact us on 01554 756148 or via the contact form on our website.
Richmond is a leading NHS framework-approved nursing agency with nurses in all health boards across Wales, as well as some parts of England. To refer a friend or join our team, please get in touch today!