In order to work for Richmond Nursing you are required to complete a number of ‘Mandatory Training Courses’ on an annual basis. These courses are CPD accredited so can count towards your Revalidation. Richmond also run a number of additional courses throughout the year enabling Nurses and HCA’s to enhance their skills.
These are made up of two types of courses
- Physical Courses (i.e. you must attend in person)
- Online Courses
These courses cover the following topic areas
- Manual Handling – Mandatory (All Staff)
- Basic Life Support – Mandatory (All Staff)
- Basic Observations for HCA’s -Additional (HCA’s Only)
- Catheterisation – Additional (Nurses Only)
- Enternal Feeding (PEG) – Additional (Nurses Only)
- Epilepsy Emergency Intervention – Additional (Nurses Only)
- Flu Vaccinations – Additional (Nurses Only)
- Immediate Life Support – Additional (Nurses Only)
- IV Cannulation – Additional (Nurses Only)
- Tracheostomy Care – Additional (Nurses Only)
Each course is run over a morning or afternoon session. (see course times)
Dates/Venues for our next courses
Richmond Nursing is please to be working in conjunction with Interactive Healthcare Training to provide our nurses with the ability to complete a number of Mandatory and further professional development courses
- Fire Safety
- Infection Control
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Level 2 (POVA/SOVA)
- Safeguarding Children & Young Adults – Level 2 (POCA 2) – (CAMHS & Paediatric Nurses only)
- Health & Safety & Risk Incident Reporting
- Lone Worker
- Handling of Violence & Aggression
- Complaint Training & Conflict Resolution
- Information Governance
- Dignity & Respect Training
- Information Governance, Data Protection, Handling Patient Information, Record Keeping and Caldicott Protocols
- Dementia Care Training
- Medication Awareness & Dosage Calculation: An Introductory Package for Nurses (RGN’s Only)
- Medication Awareness for Nurses Working in Mental Health (RMN’s Only)
- First Aid Awareness (HCA/Support Workers Only)
- Food Safety and Hygiene (HCA/Support Workers Only)
In order to work for Richmond Nursing you are required to complete the above ‘Online Mandatory Courses’ on an annual basis.
These courses can be completed at any time following your registration online, and can be done individually or as multiples depending on your schedule/time available. All Richmonds training courses are CPD certified and can be used as proof of additional training for the purposes of Revalidation.
Once you have completed each course module we will be emailed a completion certificate.
Register Today To Start Our Online TrainingRegister Today To Start Our Online Training
Book Your Training
Please find a link to our Training Terms and Conditions. We require our nurses to be fully compliant in all areas of mandatory training. Having completed each mandatory course module Richmond will be emailed a completion certificate. Should you require copies of mandatory course certificates from our subsidised training there will be an admin charge of £50. Once payment has been received these will be posted to you first class. Additional courses are charged seperately and copies of certificates are provided following successful completion of the course at no additional cost.