Tracheostomy Care – Course duration ½ day
The course is designed to educate and train healthcare professionals to perform Tracheostomy Care safely and competently.
Please note: A competency framework is included in this training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the training. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
- Adhering to Tracheostomy guidelines
- Ensuring the best care and treatment in accordance with current understanding and research
- Types of tubes
- Communication and swallowing
- Risk assessment
- Nursing considerations
- Removal and changing of tube
- Changing dressing
- Resuscitation including the use of an ambu bag
- Applied practical workstation and simulated practical assessment
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Competency framework and theory test
This course will be delivered by a variety of teaching methods including: presentations; case studies; small group discussion; whole group discussion; individual work; practical demonstration and practical exercise.
This course runs for approximately three hours. (09.30-12.30)
• 1 Year